StarTech.com Launches The Channel’s First USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI and VGA External Video Adapters
New USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI and USB 3.0 to VGA Video Adapters enable resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 and allow for faster video playback, web browsing and office application performance
Lockbourne, OH –StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter (SKU: USB32HDE) and USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter (SKU: USB32VGAE), which leverage the high-bandwidth (5 Gbps) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to deliver smooth, high resolution content to your HDMI/DVI-capable display (HDMI to DVI Adapter included), or VGA display, respectively.
The new USB 3.0 video adapters function as external graphics cards that can be used to extend a desktop to double your workspace for increased productivity, or mirror a primary desktop, showing the same image on each display.
“Our primary goal with the release of the USB 3.0 video adapters was to harness the high-speed capability offered by the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to support high display resolutions up to 1080p/1920×1200” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “The transfer speed capability of USB 3.0 ensures smoother imaging than USB 2.0 video adapters, with faster video playback, and more responsive performance from office or business applications, which presents creative ways to use a secondary monitor or multiple displays on a computer”.
Features and benefits of the new USB video adapters include:
• Support for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Interface host connections, backward compatible with USB 2.0 (performance limited to USB 2.0 speeds)
• Support for display resolutions up to 1920×1080
• Includes optional HDMI® to DVI-D Adapter, for use as a USB 3.0 to DVI-D adapter (USB32HDE only)
• Supports Mirrored, Extended or Primary display configurations
• Driver software supports display rotation
• Supports the Windows® Aero interface
• Supports 2-channel (Stereo) audio (USB32HDE only)
• Supports the use of multiple USB 3.0 video adapters on a single system (up to 5)
These new adapters are available from leading technology resellers including CDW, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, PC Connection, Tiger Direct and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, Tech Data, D&H and SYNNEX.
MSRP for the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter (USB32HDE) is $117.99 USD in the United States, $121.99 CDN in Canada and £89.99 GBP in the United Kingdom.
MSRP for the USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter (USB32VGAE) is $109.99 USD in the United States, $112.99 CDN in Canada and £91.99 GBP in the United Kingdom.