QNAP® Systems, Inc. today announced a partnership with Mandriva® S.A, Europe’s leading publisher of open source solutions, to provide QNAP customers an IT system management solution, the QNAP IT Management Station on the Turbo NAS. Powered by Mandriva Pulse, QNAP IT Management Station is designed to simplify daily tasks and IT asset management for businesses of all sizes. Users can benefit from the IT Management Station to centralize their management of multi-OS and multi-site IT assets.
“We welcome this partnership with Mandriva as another step towards our growing ecosystem of enterprise solutions working directly from our hardware. This partnership with the French open source pioneer will definitely bring new innovations to our customer base,” said Richard Lee, CEO of QNAP.
With the IT Management Station, the Turbo NAS extends its business applications by supporting the following key features:
- Web interface: Supervise large scale sites through a single web interface console
- Comprehensive inventory: Perform hardware and software inventory checks
- Software deployment: Deploy new software and security updates on all IT assets
- Imaging: Create and deploy hard disk images of computer
- Remote control: Perform remote management & support
- Backup and restore: Supports full backup & daily incremental backup to protect organization’s all IT assets
- Patch Management: Centralized software updates and control of endpoint security
- License Management: Optimize software assets usage
- Reporting: Generate IT asset reports
- Pull Mode: Increase the compliance of roaming devices
- Software convergence: Software deployments using automated process
The Turbo NAS provides an all-in-one NAS solution with not only rock-solid hardware design but also a rich set of features & applications including file storage, backup, sharing, virtualization, security, mobile applications, and more. Now the IT Management Station introduces a new IT system management solution that turns the Turbo NAS into an IT system management server to help organizations centrally manage IT resources, applications and security with greater flexibility.
“Mandriva’s partnership with a growing NAS provider like QNAP is a demonstration of the global appeal for the Mandriva brand and its products. This collaboration validates Mandriva’s strategic investment in the enterprise field that will be a growing market for Mandriva S.A,” said Jean-Manuel Croset, CEO of Mandriva S.A.
The IT Management Station is available in the App Center of the following Turbo NAS models running the QTS 4.1 operating system or newer version:
TS-EC2480U-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TS-EC880U-RP, TS-EC1080 Pro, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879 Pro, TS-1270U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-870, TS-670, TS-470, TS-870 Pro, TS-670 Pro, TS-470 Pro, TS-1269U-RP, TS-869U-RP, TS-469U-RP, TS-469U-SP, TS-869 Pro, TS-669 Pro, TS-569 Pro, TS-469 Pro, TS-269 Pro, TS-869L, TS-669L, TS-569L, TS-469L, TS-269L.
The availability of the TS-ECx80 series Turbo NAS will be announced separately.
For more information, please visit http://www.qnap.com/i/station/en/it-management.php.