Qnap has released an update their QTS Operating System. This update addresses some concerns about OpenSSL versions as will as fixes some annoyances.
QTS4.1.3 build 0408[Bug Fixes]
– Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.1m to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-0204, CVE-2015-0209, CVE-2015-0286, CVE-2015-0287, CVE-2015-0288, CVE-2015-0289, CVE-2015-0292 and CVE-2015-0293).
– The system fails to detect the Netgear R7000 as a UPnP device.
– The system fails to detect the total volume size and free size in downgraded mode (shown as 0KB).
– Fails to establish a HTTPS connection to a NAS using a Mac via WebDAV.
– Fails to access subfolders on a NAS using NetDriver2 via WebDAV.
– Fails to modify user permissions (or hangs in NetDrive) on a NAS using NetDrive via WebDAV.
– It takes a prolonged time (over 1 minute) to establish a connection to a NAS using a Mac via WebDAV.
– The x53 series reboots after creating VMs using VMware tools with a block-based LUN thin provisioned datastore.
– The block-based LUN unexpectedly disconnects if the storage pool is running out of space.
– The system fans unexpectedly stop after the smart fan temperature unit is set to Fahrenheit.
– User permissions settings on external devices are automatically restored to default after the NAS reboots.
– The system automatically creates an empty folder titled “abc” during OTB backup if the name of a subfolder at the destination contains this combination: “abc+space+parent folder name”.
– The “failed to update” message is incorrectly prompted when the firmware version installed on the hard drive is different from that used by the built-in flash.
– The system fails to back up data to the destination during Rsync backup if the name of a subfolder at the destination contains this combination: “abc+space+parent folder name”.
– The NAS reboots after creating a 2048GB iSCSI LUN in VHD format using a Hyper-V server.
– The x31 series fails to launch File Station in Russian.
– Photo Station and Video Station fail to detect the VLC web plug-in (version 2.2.0) making them unable to play videos.